Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 August 2022

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

 


The more eagle eyed among you will notice that this post is not accompanied by a 2022 Charity Shop purchase subtitle.

This is because it was bought in Wigtown Emporium. Emporium seems to be a posh word for a junk shop and seemingly enables them to charge expensive prices. I got this one cheaply though as they had forgotten to put a price tag on it.

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere is from 1969 on the Reprise label and is the second album by Neil Young. It is also the first attributed to him with Crazy Horse. I thought that I had this but my catologuing proved useful in confirming that I didn't.

It only contains 7 songs and therefore I am only posting one of them namely the last song on the album Cowgirl in the Sand which comes in at a whopping 10 minutes and 30 seconds.

A Tuesday Long Song if you will.

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Cowgirl in the Sand

3 comments:

  1. Wigtown? Wigtown as in Book Town Wigtown? I love Wigtown! I could live in Wigtown! Actually, scratch that, tho' I still love Wigtown. Sorry, but I really do like Wigtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 terrific tracks on this album. Nothing else to say really

    ReplyDelete