Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 August 2022

Destroy

 



 2022 Charity Shop Purchases #39 - Various Artists - Destroy!

This Mojo compilation proved to be a bit of a conundrum. I picked it up as makeweight in a 4 for 99p sale. I was pretty sure I had it but given the price I thought no harm done if I had.

When I got home I couldn't find it on the Punk compilation shelf or in my manual cataloguing book but I was still pretty sure I had it. A blog search provided the answer. It seems that I did indeed pick up a copy in June 2019 but didn't keep it. Problem solved.

I wasn't too complimentary then saying that only about a third of the tracks were worth having. I still stand by that.There is a little bit too much Oi  for my liking. However I think I will hold onto it for a bit this time round. It may well be one of the first to go whenever a cull is required.

I've decided to go for three different songs to those posted before which I have just about managed.

As C pointed out last time round the picture on the cover is of Susan Lucas who is better known as Soo Catwoman.





4 comments:

  1. The early ATV stuff still sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vibrators, now there was a band. I must dig out my copy of "Pure Mania", turn it up loud and indulge in some vigorous chin scratching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reminded myself of this comp as we have it on the shelves here too. In my view it's quite a good selection - love your choices and as TS says, early ATV still cut it. Maybe you should keep it, CC, otherwise you'll get rid of it only to buy it again in three years' time!

    ReplyDelete