Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Traces


After my last few posts I thought I'd better bring things a wee bit more up to date.
Having said that I'm quite surprised that Traces by Karine Polwart was released as far back as 2012.
Gee, Ain't it Funny How Time Slips Away as someone once sang

King of Birds highlights Karine's love for our feathered friends  and also acknowledges the Occupy Movement who occupied (strangely enough) St Paul's Cathedral designed by Sir Christopher Wren. Do you see what she did there?
Salters Road is written in memory of an elderly neighbour.  Salters Road apparently was the old salt smuggling route that ran inland through the Lothians from Prestonpans on the River Forth.

There is also a song about Donald Trump which I shall save for when he is defeated (please God!)

Karine Polwart - King of Birds

Karine Polwart - Salters Road

2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. I have Karine's 2005 album Faultlines, but really should investigate her further.

    ReplyDelete