Search This Blog

Saturday 23 July 2016

Namechecked - Joey Ramone


It's time for an arbitrary rule change.
For this series I have now decreed that a song namechecking someone which has previously featured on CCM can feature again PROVIDING it is accompanied by another song namechecking the same individual!
Controversial
So today we have the previously featured I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Sleater- Kinney accompanied by the new to CCM  Dancing With Joey Ramone by Amy Rigby whom I believe is now Mrs Wreckless Eric

Joey himself has previously featured with General Johnson with The Godchildren of Soul and of course with the Ramones.
Here he is with the Bruddas

Sleater-Kinney - I Wanna be your Joey Ramone

Amy Rigby - Dancing with Joey Ramone

Ramones - We're a Happy Family




5 comments:

  1. Wan Two Free Four
    Swiss Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have put money on Helen Love featuring on any Joey Ramones name-check post. Great choices, nonetheless CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that one Jez. I have it digitally but not on the shelves

      Delete
  3. Anything from Rocket to Russia is OK be me. I never heard that Amy Rigby song before, and I consider myself a fan. Thanks for introducing me to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Jez, I was betting on Helen Love. But not Joey Ramoney... I thought of Debbie Loves Joey. Maybe save that for the Deborah Harry post?

    Just got into Amy Rigby very recently and keep wanting to write her a letter saying, "Dear Amy: Where have you been all my life?"

    Other thoughts...

    Adam Ant - B-Side Baby

    Simian Mobile Disco - Audacity of Huge

    Motorhead - R.A.M.O.N.E.S. (don't worry, it's only 1 min 26)

    The Huntingtons - Jeannie Hates The Ramones

    William Shatner - You'll Have Time (listen without prejudice!)

    ReplyDelete