Search This Blog

Sunday 17 July 2016

Some Sunday Sensual Soul


I was searching unsuccessfully the other day for some Geno Washington to accompany Dexys for my Namechecking series when I stumbled across Forever Mod.
A compilation of 48 tunes of smokin' jazz,sensual soul, stormin' ska and classic blues which I bought for 3 quid in Morrisons in the god forsaken Argyllshire town of Dunoon.

There are some excellent soul artists on there including Irma Thomas, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Gladys Knight and Ike and Tina,
I have plumped for an artist I have featured before namely the pocket dynamo that is Sugar Pie De Santo and a new artist to CCM Mr Chuck Jackson. the 5th Chuck to feature after Messrs Berry, Prophet, Willis and Woods and the 6th Jackson after George, Jill, Joe, Mahalia and Wanda

More Soul nonsense next Sunday

Sugar Pie de Santo - I Want to Know

Chuck Jackson - I Keep Forgetting

1 comment:

  1. Well worth three quid by the sounds of it. On holiday a Geno Washington track came up on shuffle which reminded me of an Acid Jazz ep from a few years back of lost tapes that I will need to rip and will post.

    ReplyDelete