Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Hitchcocked

 


I was supposed to be going to see Robyn Hitchcock at Monos in Glasgow tonight. However I received an e-mail last week advising that the concert has been put back to the 1st of March 2023!. And here was I hoping that this was a thing of the past.

Naturally I am a wee bit disappointed. However it may not be such a bad thing given that I tweeked my back on Sunday when pruning a tree and it maybe would have been an uncomfortable experience sitting or standing for a couple of hours .

Until then I will have to make do with my meagre Robyn Hitchcock collection and in particular Ole Tarantula by Robyn and the Venus 3 from 2006 on Proper Records. Who knows there could be additions to the shelves before March next year although he seldom, if ever, pops up out in the wild.

Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 - Adventure Rocket Ship

Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 - (A Man's Got to Know His Limitations) Briggs



4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the concert has been put back by so much BUT best to take care of the back. Cross fingers it sorts itself out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are really only two periods in a chap's life. The period before back trouble... and the remaining time after it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's March 1, 2023, sorted. Sheesh. Helluva wait. Will be worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just catching up with a few old posts and noticed this one. You left a comment over at my place recently about a postponed gig, but I thought you were referring to Modern Nature. I had no idea that Robyn had pulled any shows - what a bummer. He played Adventure Rocket Ship and the title track of Ole Tarantula in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete