Search This Blog

Sunday 31 March 2024

The Past is Still Alive



There is so much music out there it is virtually impossible to keep up with it all and to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

Hurray for the Riff Raff is a name which periodically crosses my radar. That is the nom de plume of Alynda Segarra from the Bronx who formed the band in New Orleans way back in 2007. Since then they have  released an EP and 10 albums.

During that time I have come across the occasional song here and there and have briefly featured on these pages before here and here

 I recently downloaded a copy of their latest album The Past is Still Alive. I quite enjoyed it but not enough to rush out and buy it or to take the time and expense to see them perform live even although I suspect they would put on a good show. In the unlikely event that I ever found any of their albums in a charity shop I would certainly swoop.

Too little time and money, too many bands


Here is one from the new album and two older ones.

Hurray for the Riff Raff - Buffalo

Hurray for the Riff Raff - Look Out Mama

Hurray for the Riff Raff - Hungry Ghost







4 comments:

  1. Thanks, CC. I think my view of HFTRR is similar to yours. I have a few songs, all of which I like a lot but it’s never quite pushed me to get an album. Likewise, I passed up the opportunity to see them live in Bristol earlier this year, in favour of other bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too young to find the world overwhelming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly, this is the album that has particulatly turned me onto HFTRR after feeling similar to you on previous offerings. I asked for it as a birthday present this year and was glad I did. Worth a few more listens, I think.

    ReplyDelete