Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 March 2024

Broughty Ferry Bound

 


I'm off to Broughty Ferry today with a couple of pals to catch up with George who is home from Portugal to see his mum.

I was wondering if there are any bands from the Ferry and the best that I could come up with was that some of Deacon Blue may come from or live there. I am aware that some of George's pals from there are in a Genesis tribute band but I have my standards to maintain.

There are plenty of acts from neighbouring Dundee to choose from. So many in fact that I have had to omit the likes of Danny Wilson, Michael Marra, Swiss Family Orbison and The View from my choices for today. I'm sure that there are more that I have missed. I'll bear them in mind for next time round.

The ones who survived my somewhat arbitrary cut are The Hazy Janes, Spare Snare and The Average White Band.

Deacon Blue - Fergus Sings the Blues

The Hazy Janes - Toulouse

Spare Snare - We Are The Snare

Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces

9 comments:

  1. Have fun. Avoid the Wetherspoon's breakfast this year, we don't want a repeat of last year's scandalous behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the AWB is from Broughty Ferry, his nephew was in my class at secondary school. I have just had a wetherspoons vegan breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I fear for the good citizens of Broughty Ferry.

      Delete
  3. Have fun! Can we expect some rather hungover posts to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, George. Hope everyone had a wonderful time. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had/are having a great time with George. Dundee and its environs a fertile place for band formation! Thanks for sharing these particular ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always liked locating bands geographically and mates have ribbed me mercifully for this down the years but I've stood my ground. I knew Michael Marra and Spare Snare were Dundonians but now I have a whole new clutch of others. A new series beckons here surely? Keep 'em coming for other towns/cities. The Hazy Janes were new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hazy Janes include two of Michael Marra's kids

      Delete