Search This Blog

Sunday 10 March 2024

Who Will Love Aladdin Sane?

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #20 - David Bowie - Aladdin Sane

The last time we were in Troon we popped into a new Farm Shop on the road out on our way home.

In addition to what you would expect in a farm shop on a couple of shelves there were a few books and CDs along side a collection tin. After confirming that they were available for a donation to charity I picked up a couple which was more that I got from Oxfam.

One was the above album which has the greatest cover of all time. If you are shaking your head and saying surely he already has that? Please stop shaking. Of course I have it. I have had a vinyl copy for as many years as I can remember but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to pick up a cheap CD copy.

From 1973 Aladdin Sane was David Bowie's 6th album .It is a terrific record with some great songs but has perhaps suffered over the years as having followed hard on the heels of Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust.

Any of the 10 songs on the album would be worthy of inclusion today. Here are two which I don't think have featured here before

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1913-1938-197?)

David Bowie -The Jean Genie


5 comments:

  1. How could you resist? Such a great album. If there had been two copies I think you may have had to pick up both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get another Bowie one! Details to follow...

      Delete
  2. My sister's favourite album.

    I never see Bowie in charity shops.

    Wait, tell a lie, I did once see a copy of The Next Day, but when I opened it up, it had a Will Young CD inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job you checked. I would be apoplectic if I got that home and opened it to be met with Will Young's smiling face.

      Delete
    2. Hunky Dory is my favourite Bowie album and one of my all time top 10 albums

      Delete