Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 March 2024

The End of the Road

 


I'm afraid it is the end of the road as far as Caravans are concerned.

it's knackers yard time but not before we salvage what we can.

An instrumental called  Caravan you say? Why not? Here is one by George Jenkins . I also have a copy of this by Sandy Nelson.

Another version of The Isley Brothers classic Caravan of Love you say? Why not? Here are the 4th Best Band in Hull with their cover version which was the UK Christmas number 1 in 1986.

A funky song by Burano and his Gypsy Caravan you say? Why not? Here is Good Time Girl

A cover of a Clash song by a Rockabilly band called The Caravans you say? I'm not sure that is actually a good idea but let's do it nevertheless.

That's Caravans done and dusted.

Lest I am accused of being unreasonable I am willing to bow to Ernie and have Buses as the next theme for Transport Tuesday on the proviso that he provides a guest post.

I may have another exciting guest post lined up and obviously if anyone else is willing to provide one they will be more than welcome.

Sandy Nelson - Caravan

The Housemartins - Caravan of Love

Burano and his Gypsy Caravan - Good Time Girl

The Caravans -Jail Guitar Doors


9 comments:

  1. I did a short series of my own a few months ago when you were playing hard to get. Obviously it was a mere market stall knock-off compared to an official Charity Chic series but I'm not sure I have anything left to give.

    Well there is a song about vaping on the bus that I will refer to briefly in a post scheduled for tomorrow, but it is not commercially available yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we do a series on vaping? I have two songs ready to go, neither of them on the bus.

      Delete
    2. You must be down with the kids if you know any vaping songs

      Delete
  2. A great, if all-too brief, series, CC. I have some time off this week and I was planning to offer some more caravan suggestions. Could you possibly indulge a couple of guest posts, providing a caravan coda and a bus themed intro?

    Using Ernie's comparative measure above, I suspect that I will be the equivalent of the guy down the pub, offering a bargain price cut of meat or a chicken, cash in hand, no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever happened to meat raffles in pubs? Another fine tradition gone the way of all things. I can still remember Grandmother Goggins stopping mid-scold when I drunkenly presented her with a bag of lamp chops.

      When I form a band I'm going to call it The Meat Raffles.

      Delete
    2. They were still going strong in my local in the late 1990s, Ernie. I presume it was all this 21st century "food hygiene" and "health & safety" nonsense that put paid to them. Either that or The League Of Gentlemen.

      And, sad new but the name is already taken
      https://youtu.be/_IO1jcw53Ws?si=jNj3-JkU_9JZRwL-
      ...unless of course you want to be the definite article.

      Delete
    3. Happy to oblige to your request Khayem

      Delete
  3. If Khayem's doing a Caravan Guest Post, I can offer the same.

    As for buses, I did those ages ago, just to keep Ernie happy...

    https://histopten.blogspot.com/2021/02/saturday-snapshots-177-top-ten-bus-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it Rol!

    ReplyDelete