Search This Blog

Thursday 14 March 2024

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

 


As I mentioned on Monday I have started a cull on the  boxes of Mojo and Uncut compilations  in a bid to free up space. There were only two CDs that I have kept from the first box tackled - Monday's Instant Garage and the one above.

From Mojo in October 2012 I give you There is a Light That Never Goes Out -Indie Classics 1982-1987. Don't worry the Manchester Racist does not feature.

As I mentioned when I first posted a couple of songs from this CD in January 2015 I was not necessarily familiar with too many of the featured bands when the songs were initially published thanks to the Blogging community I am much more familiar with many of them now as I was then. Here is the tracklist on the off chance that anyone is interested.

The Weather Prophets and The Flatmates featured last time round which leaves 13 to choose from. 

I'm going to go for The Chesterfields as I know that Jez is a huge fan. I'll also include The Nightingales once they return from a Crafty Fag. And lets finish with The Go-Betweens and Cattle and Cane.

Most of you will recognize the young lad on the cover as Billy Casper from Ken Loach's majestic film Kes

The Chesterfields - Completely and Utterly

The Nightingales - Crafty Fag

The Go-Betweens - Cattle and Cane


9 comments:

  1. As I may have mentioned before in my Dorset days I was friends with a couple of members of Simon Barber of The Chesterfield's previous band and was occasionally called on for roadie duties.

    The Nightingales are still great live if you get the chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that CD too. Keep it in the car as a reliable standby source of music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rare moment when I can honestly say I like every single band featured on this compilation. Not a dud in the bunch. Amazing. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is the "Manchester Racist"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr CC has had many beers tonight and is unable to comment sensibly

      Delete
  5. Three laudable tracks there - sorry don't mean to sound patronising. Knew the Go Betweens track but the others were new to me. Gives me some hope of finding some gold dust when I do my own music mag compilations cull a few months down the line which I imagine will be wheat amongst the chaff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without doubt, one of the best free giveaways of all time. As Brian says, not a dud in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete