Search This Blog

Friday 1 March 2024

Bert Jansch

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #15  - Bert Jansch - Bert Jansch/It Don't Bother Me

Ever since I first tentatively dipped my toes into the world of Folk Music I have been vaguely aware of the name Bert Jansch (probably partly because he was Scottish) and also of the iconic cover of his self titled 1965 debut album.

I couldn't have told you much if anything about the music. That has now changed with the acquisition of a two albums on one CD  in Auchterarder - the aforementioned eponymous album and the  follow up (also from1965) It Don't Bother Me. 27 tracks for 50p which if my arithmetic  calculator is correct  is 1.85 pence per track

There are a further 19 studio albums, 8 live albums and 36 compilations and that's not counting the stuff he did with Pentangle.

I've played it a couple of times now and definitely got more from it second time around. It seems to be a good one to stick on as background music.

One from each album I think


Bert Jansch - Strolling Down The Highway

Bert Jansch - Anti - Apartheid

4 comments:

  1. Bert's first album is a tour de force. His playing is superb and it is a great selection of songs. The circumstances of the recording makes that first album even more of a pleasure to listen to. I also have this on a 'two-lps-on-one-CD' but paired with Jack Orion rather than Dont Bother Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me a bit of Bert Jansch and this 2 for 1 is a great pairing. Saw him at the Lowry many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always felt myself to be in a minority of one with Bert Jansch. It's not that I'm familiar with any of his albums and clearly he's widely appreciated but whenever I dip my toe into the odd track of his here and there they do nothing for me. #missedtheboat

    ReplyDelete