Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Trucked Off

 


I’ve just about exhausted my supply of truck songs. 

Rol very generously provided me with a list of suggestions but tracking them down seemed like too much hard work.I’m sure that they will pop up on a Saturday Snapshots somewhere further on down the line.

To put this theme to bed I am going to finish off with two truck related bands.

 You will probably all be familiar with the Alabama rock/ Americana band Drive- By Truckers. Led by Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley they also included Jason Isbel  (2001-2006) when they were at their best. More recently had a return to form with the 2020 album The Unraveling.

A quick search of this blog will give you more information about them than you will probably ever need. 

I would imagine that the majority of you will be less familiar with the brilliantly named Truckstop Honeymoon led by husband and wife Mike and Katie West. I was oblivious to them when I took a punt on their 2014 album The Madness of Happiness and I was pleasantly surprised see here

Transport Tuesday will return next week with a different focus.

Any guesses?

Drive - By Truckers - Outfit

Drive-By Truckers - The Sands of Iwo Gima

Truckstop Honeymoon - Couch Surfing with a Family of Six

Truckstop Honeymoon - Sunday in Ponca City




9 comments:

  1. we have had aeroplanes, ships, trains and trucks, so I hope it is bicycles next, or trotinetes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may be some disappointed people out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you have exhausted Trucking songs if you haven't done this one
    (or have you?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP7V-FSOSO0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already said this on these pages, but I'm going to do it again... Mike West is a genius! The Man From Delmonte forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have remained quiet, but I'm ready to throw my support behind the bus idea. I would even be willing to do an installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buses will be the one after next if it means getting you back in the saddle Brian!

      Delete
  7. I'm still holding out hope for CC's tuk tuk Tik Tok challenge but I may be alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always happy to supply missing tunes... though I can't promise they'll be any good... so your lack of effort was probably rewarded.

    ReplyDelete