Search This Blog

Monday 4 March 2024

This Is Proper Folk Too!!

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #17 - Various Artists -This is Proper Folk Too!!

The final CD from the Auchterarder Folk Haul. I have a few compilations by Proper Records and I was 95% sure that I had this one from 2012.

As the folk compilations had not yet been recorded on the database (since rectified) and it was only 50p I picked it up in the knowledge that I almost certainly had it. And so it turned out and back to charity it goes. It was worth the punt as I would have been kicking myself if I had left it and subsequently found that I didn't have it.

As you can see from the list  of artists providing new and unreleased music it was a bit of a no brainer.

A good few of these artists have graced these pages before and in particular Karine Polwart and Heidi Talbot so I will focus on a couple of the other acts today.

I had a burn of a Bellowhead album which has since down downgraded to digital to free up space so I feel that it only fair that they get their moment of glory today by featuring Lillibulero from the album Broadside.

Similarly  I previously picked up Freedom Fields by Seth Lakeman in a charity shop prior to subsequently returning it. Blacksmiths Prayer is taken from his album Tales From the Barrel House.


Bellowhead - Lillibulero

Seth Lakeman - Blacksmith's Prayer

2 comments:

  1. ...............or you could donate it to one of your friends next week!!!

    ReplyDelete