Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2024

Losing My Religion

 


Seeing as how today is Sunday I thought that I would share some religious bands with you.

Lets start then with the Baptist Generals an indie band from the town of Denton in Texas. They released a couple of albums in 1998 and 2002 with an EP in between them but it was not until 2013 that they released their third and final album to date. Pat the Rub is taken from the compilation album Awesome from Munich Records - or as the cover states - a compilation of American bands on a Dutch label named after a German town.

Frank Black surely need no introduction although you may know him better as Black Francis of Pixies fame. When I was working there was a sales rep called Frank Black who sold chairs for the elderly .I don't think he was the same one or part of the off shoot Frank Black & the Catholics

When the Silver Jews formed in 1989 they had two members of Pavement among their number  - Stephen Malkmus and Bob Nastanovitch . By the time the band got to their fourth album Bright Flight in 2001, which is the only one I have, they were both long gone. The band was led by long time member David Berman with wife Carrie in tow.

I don't have any acts with Protestant in the title. I'm sure that there are many flute bands out there who sport that moniker but I will leave that to the knuckle draggers.

Finally with reference to the post title - all right then if you insist.

Baptist Generals - Pats the Rub

Frank Black and the Catholics - California Bound

Silver Jews - Tennessee

Nina Persson and Nathan Larsen - Losing My Religion

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea. I vote for Catholic Action. The God Machine. And The New Sikhers.. I made one of them up.
    Swc.

    ReplyDelete