Search This Blog

Friday 15 March 2024

Low

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #21 - David Bowie - Low

I'm still shivering at Rol's tale of opening a copy of The Next Day in a charity shop only to discover a Will Young CD!

As I mentioned to C  in the comments of Sunday's Alladin Sane post I actually picked up two David Bowie CDs in the Tatty Shack farmshop in Troon. Fortunately neither contained a Will Young album. There were actually three on the shelves containing books and CDs available for a charity donation. There was also a copy of Heathen but I already had that on CD.

Unlike Aladdin Sane which I initially got at the time it was not until 2022 that I got round to acquiring a copy of Low until late 2022. As Sound and Vision and  Breaking Glass were probably the only two songs that I was familiar with I have still to become totally immersed in this album. A good few do appear on the live album Stage but that is one I haven't listened to in years

Originally from 1977 just as Punk was taking off it is the first of his Berlin Trilogy  collaborations with Eno ("Heroes" and Lodger being the others)

A plus point in picking up the CD to accompany my vinyl version is that it contains three bonus tracks the previously unreleased Some Are and All Saints and a remixed version of Sound and Vision.


David Bowie - What in the World

David Bowie - Warszawa

5 comments:

  1. Warszawa - twinned with Broughty Ferry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr CC does not appear to be particularly hungover this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Quiet please, I'm trying to rest

      Delete
  4. I have this theory about why Bowie albums don't often turn up in charity shops. I will get round to spouting it at some point. Not here though, or I'm robbing myself of a post.

    ReplyDelete