Search This Blog

Monday 11 March 2024

We're a Garage Band ....

 


After almost three years of dithering I have finally got round to starting to sort out the boxes of Mojo and Uncut compilations piled up in a corner of the Music Room.

Some drastic action was required as there is no room for them .I've tackled one box. About 25 CDs have been downloaded to the hard drive and also put on a memory stick and are on their way to charity. From the box I have only kept two physical CDs.

One is the one pictured above. Instant Garage - Mojo Music Guide Vol 1 is from June 2003. I featured it here back in October 2017 to a fair degree of critical acclaim . Here is the tracklist. You can see why I'm keeping it.

A stonking 28 tracks which gives me 25 to choose from if I exclude the 3 I featured last time around. They are all of a similar quality so it was pretty much a lucky dip.

Let's start with one that some of you will probably be familiar with. From 1967 and taken from the Nuggets Boxset  here are The Electric Prunes with I Had Too Much to Dream (Last Night).

Next up are The Count Five with Psychotic Reaction. Originally from 1966 it features on the Ace compilation Psychotic Reaction - The Ultimate Count Five.

We conclude with The Alarm Clock with the song No Reason to Complain again from 1966 and on the Yeah! album from the Norton label.

Terrific stuff

The Electric Prunes - I Had To Much To Dream (Last Night)

The Count Five - Psychotic Reaction

The Alarm Clock - No Reason To Complain

2 comments:

  1. Terrific stuff is right, yep definitely a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 great tracks. You've made the right decision there

    ReplyDelete