Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 March 2024

The Caravan Club

 



If there is one thing worse than being stuck behind a truck it is being stuck behind a caravan.

Welcome then to the Caravan Club who will be pitching their wagons for the next couple of Transport Tuesdays.

This mode of transport was inspired by Barbara Dickson and her great Caravan Song which appeared here recently

How to you follow that? With the Isley Brothers of course and Caravan of Love which was in contention for the title of this mini series.

Obviously they are not the only two acts to extol this particular mode of transport. Portland band Blitzen Trapper for instance appear to be proud owners of a Country Caravan.

Finally, for this week on the 2008 ethereal album Seventh Tree the singer Alison Goldfrapp proudly proclaims that she is in fact a Caravan Girl.

More Caravan girls and boys next week as we unshackle our caravans and head off to our next pitch

Isley Brothers - Caravan of Love

Blitzen Trapper - Country Caravan

Goldfrapp - Caravan Girl


7 comments:

  1. You do know that George will be demanding you feature the band named after that form of transport don't you? On your own head be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you're just doing this (avoiding buses) to torture Ernie.

    I hope to hear another version of Caravan of Love, the one that always reminds me of a disappointing Christmas disco at school in 1986.

    Also, I'll throw this one in, just in case it's not on your radar...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOHwNxJplo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have chosen to rise above it and move on (in a bus of course)

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ej4dlex67k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the humble drag shed. Duke Ellington and the Housemartins are probably already hooked up to your tow-bar but I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on a few more.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some closet caravaners out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's one track I have in mind that is simply better than all the others put together but I'm sure you won't pick it. I'm keeping my powder dry just to see if I'm right. Juvenile I know but........

    ReplyDelete