Search This Blog

Friday 28 May 2021

Bobbie Gentry Revisited

 


An the turn of the year I featured a deluxe re-issue of The Delta Sweete a 1968 album by the great Bobbie Gentry. It was only then that I discoved that Mercury Rev had covered this in 2019 as Bobbie Gentry's The Delta Sweete Revisited.

My curiosity was piqued and it was duly *ahem* acquired. Each track has an interesting female collaborator . Not too many Country acts - only Margo Price and Lucinda Williams really tick that box.

However I've gone for two indie favourites in the shape of  Hope Sandoval  of Mazzy Star fame and Laetitia Sadier from Stereolab.

Splendid stuff

Mercury Rev (ft Hope Sadoval) - Big Boss Man

Mercury Rev (ft Laetitia Sadier) - Mornin' Glory

4 comments:

  1. Love Mornin' Glory and if I had come across it on the radio as it played I would have had no idea who was performing the song. Must search out the original now.

    Jamie

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ticks all the boxes! I love Bobbie, Hope and Laetitia. Thank you CC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like even the revisit is something special.

    ReplyDelete