Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2021

Western Stars


 We are just back from a couple of nights in Granton - on- Spey in the Cairngorms. A delayed and re-arranged Christmas present and taking advantage of things gradually opening up. And yes there were purchases.

However, the galavanting meant that I have not had the time to listen to and write up posts for the remainder of the rest of my recent Glasgow hauls..

Still that gives me an opportunity to feature some of the roadtrip music .One artist and one album which are made for a roadtrip is Western Stars from 2019 the 19th studio album by Bruce Springsteen  on the Columbia label.

Released a few months short of his 70th birthday it is a return to form and possibly his best from the 21st century. Critically well received with Wiki describing it as  elegiac and evocative of the American West.I'm not that sure what elegiac means but I'm assuming it is positive.

Bruce Springsteen - Hitch Hikin'

Bruce Springsteen - Tuscon Train


8 comments:

  1. Good to hear you’re venturing out and about again. And, not too far from my neck of the woods. We’re hoping for the return of tourism in the not too distant future - Place feels eerily quiet without visitors.

    Excellent road trip music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. : of, relating to, or consisting of two dactylic hexameter lines the second of which lacks the arsis in the third and sixth feet
    b(1): written in or consisting of elegiac couplets
    (2): noted for having written poetry in such couplets
    c: of or relating to the period in Greece about the seventh century b.c. when poetry written in such couplets flourished
    2: of, relating to, or comprising elegy or an elegy
    especially : expressing sorrow often for something now past
    an elegiac lament for departed youth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what dactylic hexameter means

    ReplyDelete
  4. ......you'd never have known I was a teacher of english

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're well out of that, George!

      Delete
    2. (Maths, actually, Rol. And yes, I don't miss it)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to hear about your latest excursions. In the meantime, this is a pleasant distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Another opportunity for me to evince/declare/espouse that at any mention of Bruce Springsteen, I feel the need to utter that I have a 'I can take him or leave him' relationship with...the Boss. Unsurprisingly, whenever I do I'm usually ignored and in fact I've come to expect nothing less.

    ReplyDelete