Search This Blog

Sunday 16 May 2021

Atlantic R&B Volume 4

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 10 - Atlantic R&B Volume 4  1957 -1960

When I featured Volume 3 last Sunday I described the mix up between covers and discs, Fortunately that was resolved so todaly we have Volume 4.All songs still over 60 years old but still sounding fantastic just proving that quality endures

As per Volume 3 plenty of The Drifters, Ray Charles, Ben E King and the Coasters along some other great acts.

Lets start with some R&B from Chuck Willis with What Am I Livin' For a Billboard R&B number one.

The mighty Clyde McPhatter didn't feature last week so let's make up for that this week with A Lover's Question.

I wanted to feature Saved by LaVern Baker but for some reason the CD burner was not having it consistantly sticking at 80% and no further. So here is the next best thing LaVern with I Cried a Tear.

Ray Charles pops up on numerous occasions over the two volumes featured and given that it would be churlish not to give him an airing. Let the Good Times Roll.

3 volumes downm 5 to go.

Chuck Willis - What Am I Livin' For

Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question

LaVern Baker - I Cried a Tear

Ray Charles -Let The Good Times Roll


No comments:

Post a Comment