Search This Blog

Monday 8 April 2019

Youth of a Sonic Variety


A splendid racket to accompany your Monday morning cornflakes courtesy of Sonic Youth with a couple of belters from their 1992 album Dirty.
I'm fast approaching 58 years of age and this is the first music by Sonic Youth that I have ever owned in a physical format.
 Better late than never I suppose.Yet another one from the Ballantrae haul and well worth the 30p.


Great cover too. I have a vague memory of doing knitting at primary school and coming away with something like that.

The kind of album that if I had kids I would be yelling at them to turn it down. I should imagine that Mrs CC will be doing that to me!
I've still to get round to reading Kim Gordon's memoir Girl in a Band. It is on the list.

Sonic Youth - Youth Against Fascism

Sonic Youth - Sugar Kane

1 comment:

  1. 2 SY high points to start the week. Kim Gordon's book is well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete