Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 March 2019

The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore


I was alerted to the death of Scott Walker yesterday morning by a text from my pal Will comprising of the words above.
A man with a unique voice I've seen him described in various places as an enigma.I prefer to think of him as someone who was comfortable in his own skin  and happy to follow the beat of his own drum..
Whereas his solo stuff probably didn't achieve the commercial success of the Walker Brothers it is what he will be best remembered for.
And a splendid legacy it is too.

Rest easy Scott.

Scott Walker - The Girls From the Streets

Scott Walker - It's Raining Today

2 comments:

  1. I liked the poppier stuff myself. He was very influential that's for sure and incredibly cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sad loss. Too many of these at the moment.

    ReplyDelete