Search This Blog

Sunday 22 March 2015

Some Sunday Talcum Soul


Long suffering readers of these pages may recall how as a rule I generally prefer my Soul to come from below the Mason Dixon line.
However this did not stop me acquiring Talcum Soul Volumes 1 to 6 as a job lot from HMV in Sauchiehall Street a few years ago.
The first volume is subtitled - 26 Stonking Northern Soul Greats and it does what it says on the tin.
A few tracks have popped up here and there but over the next six Sundays I will feature a couple of songs from each volume.
From the  first one then here are two guaranteed dance floor fillers courtesy of The Casualeers and The Poets.

More Talcum Soul next Sunday

The Casualeers - Dance, Dance, Dance

The Poets - She Blew a Good Thing

5 comments:

  1. She Blew A Good Thing is in my top 40 soul tracks, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to admit that there was some foot-tapping going on whilst Dance, Dance, Dance was playing. Nothing too vigorous. But She Blew A Good Thing is even better, some slight wiggling went on as I stirred the turnip, potato and radish soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the first three Talcum Soul comps and there's not a bad track on any of them.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to find a duff track on any of these albums. One of my fave tracks is What Can Go Wrong on CD 5. Two crackin' tunes today CC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just disovered I have a bit of thing for a lot of Northern Soul - something of an epiphany - a sort "where have I been all these years?" moment! So this is timely! I like 'She Blew A Good Thing' in particular, cheers for that CC.

    ReplyDelete