Search This Blog

Saturday 4 December 2021

Seen at King Tuts - Th' Legendary Shack Shakers

 

Th' Legendary Shack Shakers

Thursday 7th April  2005           £13.25                       Ticket No  GA1 18

This was a concert that I went to with my brother who is a fan of the band. They started out as a rockabilly band which is probably why he liked them and the song Ichabod featured below is taken from a compilation of songs from two rockabilly labels Raucous and Nervous.

The only other thing of theirs that I have is a copy of their 2004 album Believe on the YepRoc label variously described as cowpunk and psychobilly. I suspect that the original album probably belongs to my brother.
On the subject of cowpunk I can vividly remember a reasonably elderly member of the audience dressed in hillbilly dungarees and sucking on  a corn pipe. That's pretty much all I can remember from the gig. I would imagine that it was pretty loud and bouncy with a mosh pit of sorts up the front.

Given the date of the album Believe and the date of the concert the other two songs below almost certainly featured. I must have been impressed enough to ask to borrow and copy the CD.

The News of the World (a much missed music mag) described them as the maddest baddest most outrageous band in America - a rockabilly version of the Sex Pistols whereas Robert Plant named Believe as his favourite album of 2015. But don't let that put you off.




No comments:

Post a Comment