Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2021

21st Century Rockabilly Revisited

 


In the absence of new material from charity shops I am continuing to trawl the far corners of my hard drive for inspiration and things to feature.

One which caught my eye was 21st Century Rockabilly Volume 2 which came free with Vintage Rock magazine in July 2015. Regular readers will not be surprised that this crossed my radar courtesy of my brother. I say revisited as I have featured this CD before . You will see in the comments that Brian has alluded to the traditional comment from George in such situations.

I've chosen these three songs at random.If you are interested the tracklist is available via discogs where you can pick it up for as little as £3.50 which is probably cheaper than the magazine.

It takes you back to Swiss Adam's long running amd sorely missed Friday Night Rockabilly series

Rudy La Crioux - Gonna Have Myself a Ball

The Cheaterslicks - Bad Bad Girl

Rockin' Rocket 88 - Sanity


6 comments:

  1. That Cheatersticks track is the bifters

    ReplyDelete
  2. And track 3 is also toptastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think it's Dundonian for he quite likes it John
      I prefer the bisters

      Delete
  4. Band names were so much better back in those days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do miss the Friday rockabilly. Having a series like that is a double-edged sword, though, isn't it? Nice to have a general idea what you are going to write about every week, but you also feel like you have to stick to the script when you have a better idea you would rather go with. Ah, the trials and tribulations of the blogger.

    ReplyDelete