Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2019

Another New Miserable Experience



It is always interesting when checking the stats to see an old post popping up.
It often leads me to having a wee look to see what I wrote at the time. In some cases it also leads to me dusting down the disc/record to give it a spin.
Such was the case when a previous post about New Miserable Experience by the Gin Blossoms popped up recently.
I've always had them down as an Americana band and therefore they are on the Americana shelves.
However as I pointed out the last time on some songs they have a rockier twang about them and also a touch of  power pop

Last time round I mentioned that I could hear a touch of R.E.M. Now I'm also hearing Husker Du/Sugar. No bad thing, as I'm sure you'll agree
Last time I played the two singles which will be familiar to some of you. Today I have gone for a couple of the rockier album tracks.
You can thank me later.

Gin Blossoms - Hold Me Down

Gin Blossoms - Hands Are Tied

No comments:

Post a Comment