Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Brothers, Sisters .... 18

 




We're nearly there! Only two more to go after this week's artists. It is Country all the way today.

We will start with the sisters. The Lonesome Sisters are an American acoustic duo consisting of Sarah Hawker an Appalachian singer who plays guitar. clawhammer banjo and harmonica and Debra Clifford on guitar and fiddle. On these tracks they are joined by banjo and fiddle player Riley Baugus.

The Boston Globe describes them as delivering crystalline harmonies and mournful tunes

Long suffering readers of this blog will probably be familiar with the Americana band the Pernice Brothers who were formed by Joe Pernice in 1998 following the breakup of his former band The Scud Mountain Boys. Since them they have delivered 8 albums 4 of which are on the shelves. If I was to recommend just one I  would go for their 1998 debut The World Won't End one of my 50 Americana Albums You Should Hear Before You Die

They are a band I have seen a couple of times as well as seeing Joe playing solo and therefore they will get my vote this week.

Next week features the only band (to my knowledge) who I have music by and who have had a member or parliament within their number.

The Lonesome Sisters - Go Home

The Lonesome Sisters - Rain and Snow

Pernice Brothers - Working Girls (Sunlight Shines)

Pernice Brothers - The Weakest Shade of Blue

2 comments:

  1. Pernice Brothers for me, I've got a lot of time for Joe P. The Sisters put on a good show though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A noble effort from the Sisters but let's face it nobody would have stood a chance against The Weakest Shade of Blue. Brothers for me this week

    ReplyDelete