Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Keep on Truckin' 4

 


Let's start this week's offerings with a non -country number. From as far back as 2016 here is HiFi Sean with the aptly named Truck featuring Fred Schneider of B52's fame on vocal. It could well be an electric truck.

From the days when electric trucks were things from science fiction here is an Americana track with a difference. The difference? It is by a British Americana band (if that makes sense) The Rockingbirds from their excellent self-titled album from even further back in 1992.

I thought I  was all out of Truckstop songs until Rol kindly stepped up to the plate with the suggestion of Truckstop Queen by Rachel Sweet. I reckon that Rachel was far too young and nice to ever hang around at truckstops.

No more Truckstop songs I'm afraid unless anyone else can come up with one but I reckon I have enough material for another couple of posts before I run out of diesel.

In the meantime Keep on Truckin'


HiFi Sean (ft Fred Schneider) - Truck

The Rockingbirds - Time Drives The Truck

Rachel Sweet - Truckstop Queen


2 comments:

  1. I've got a Racxhel Sweet album, unplayed for decades. It can't be worse than the utter nonsense that is Magick Brother by Gong

    ReplyDelete