Search This Blog

Saturday 3 February 2024

Saturday Shuffle 40

 


I finally seem to have recovered from the dreaded lurgy and am slowly getting back to my usual regime. This means that the gym MP3 player is now being used for its intended purpose of drowning out the awful canned music as well as for this series. In the highly unlikely event that any of the three songs below were to feature on the in-house system I would be a happy gym bunny.

How could you not build up a sweat exercising along to Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats blasting out their take on the George Jones classic The Race is On?

David Byrne wouldn't need the sauna to build up a sweat if he turned up wearing his big suit. I never got round to seeing Stop Making Sense at the pictures when it was recently re-released. I have the album, the extended CD and saw it first time round and that's enough for me.

I'm a Boy proudly proclaims Roger Daltrey so there should be no dilemma as to which changing room to use. The Who classic is yet another one taken from the brilliant compilation Jon Savage's 1966 - The Year the Decade Exploded.

Psycho KillerQu'est-ce que c'est?


Dave Edmunds with the Stray Cats - The Race is On

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

The Who - I'm a Boy


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've not been well CC. Hope you're back to full strength soon.

    Some very funny words there from you today and a fine bunch of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your cold's gone. My cough is now entering Week 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're starting to feel lurgy-free at last.

    ReplyDelete