Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Keep on Truckin' 3

 


As has been mentioned before the majority of truck songs are from the Country genre.

There have been a few suggestions for non- country songs in the comments section .JC has suggested a few including Dumper Truck Racing by Scottish Indie darlings Ballboy. Given that they have a song called I Lost You, But I Found Country Music I suspect that they may well be closet Country fans.

I'm not sure that the same could be said about Big Black one of Khayem's suggestions with the song The Sound of Independent Trucking. It may not be Country but it is a splendid racket.

When it comes to Truckstops I'm afraid it is Country all the way. Here are Country Rock band Little Feat with Truck Stop Girl.

More Truck Songs next week but I think I'm all out of Truck Stops


Ballboy - Dumper Truck Racing

Big Black - The Power of Independent Trucking

Little Feat - Truck Stop Girl


I've been having some problems with Khayem's files so I have taken the liberty of sourcing another version of the Big Black song

4 comments:

  1. Some more non-country truckin' songs...

    Bob Mould - Moving Trucks
    Bread - Truckin'
    Deep Purple - Space Truckin'
    Lloyd Cole - No Truck
    Pavement - Heaven Is A Truck
    Rachel Sweet - Truckstop Queen

    And if none of those are to your liking, I'll throw in a country song anyway...

    Marcie Dickerson - (I Want to Be) a Truck Driver's Sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only suggestion I have is Tuck Shop by Ben Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This series could roll on and on!"

    Folks....he's here all week!!!!

    ReplyDelete