Search This Blog

Monday 19 February 2024

Silver Disc - 25 Years of Ace

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #12 - Various Artists - Silver Disc -25 Years of Ace 1975 -2000


If you have any interest in music at all you should really make yourself familiar with Ace Records the leading reissue record company in the UK.

For the uninitiated Ace Records Ltd. is a British record label founded in 1978. Initially the company only gained permission from the similarly named label based in Mississippi to use the name in the UK, but eventually also acquired the rights to publish their recordings

This is helpful for this particular CD  released in 2000 as it means that it contains 26 tracks  - one a year for the period 1950 to 1975   track details here

I was aware that I already had this but correctly thought it was a burn. My database couldn't help me out as I haven't yet got round to cataloguing all the compilations. Well worth a punt for 50p.

The vast majority of the tracks would be worthy of inclusion but I will ration myself to one from the 50s, one from the 60s and one from the 70s. Don't say I'm not good to you

The Swan Silvertones - Trouble In My Way

Mary Love - Lay This Burden Down

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band

5 comments:

  1. "My database couldn't help me out as I haven't yet got round to cataloguing all the compilations. " Well you need to crack on then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's started but it's a massive job!

      Delete
    2. Agree. Shame! How long is it since you retired?

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty partial to that Creedence track

    ReplyDelete