Search This Blog

Friday 9 February 2024

Must I Paint You a Picture?

 




2024 Charity Shop Purchases #9 - Billy Bragg -Must I Paint You a Picture? - The Essential Billy Bragg

With the exception of the 10 track limited edition 3rd bonus CD I must have about 90% of the 40 tracks on the first two CDs. So why buy it?

There are a number of reasons:

  • Why not?
  • 50 songs by Billy Bragg for a penny less than 3 quid
  • I have most of the early stuff on vinyl so it is good to have them on CD as well
  • It is also good to have all the songs conveniently in the one place
  • You can never have enough Billy Bragg.
  • And most importantly to annoy my pal Pete who recently forked out about 15 quid for something very similar.
The Bard of Barking is like marmite you either like him or you don't. I do .Ok so maybe he doesn't have the greatest voice in the world but he makes up for it with his songs and his passion.

I think it is only fair to give you one song from each of the three discs and which I don't think have featured here before.



4 comments:

  1. I have a Billy Bragg marmite sticker.

    This is a great compilation, on my shelf, despite also having the two box sets. Not the latest box set, mind, 'cos Billy's taking the piss with the price on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 100% in agreement with Rol's second paragraph. First time that I've ever got pissed off with Billy Bragg to the extent I couldn't be arsed going to see him on the recent tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marmite Uggh! Billy's pretty great though. You should never have to justify buying a BB album.

    ReplyDelete