Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Brothers, Sisters ... 20

 

 


It's the final countdown! The last entry in a score of Brothers and Sisters groups. This week it is disco funk versus Americana roots.

First up it is the Jackson Sisters. You can come out from behind the couch as it is NOT Janet and LaToya! Rather it is the far more talented Gennie, Pat, Jacqueline, Rae and Lynn. The sisters were originally from Compton but who were based in Detroit for their career which lasted from 1971 to 1977. They released one album during this period which is pictured above.

The Wood Brothers are an American roots band consisting of brothers Chris (upright bass) and Oliver Wood (acoustic and electric guitar) along with multi instrumentalist Jano Rix. I appear to have a download of their 2019 album Live at the Fillmore but have absolutely no recollection of having downloaded it or listened to it  until now.

The Wood Brothers seem very earnest and good at what they do but clearly there can only be one winner this week. Get down on it!

A good way to conclude this series although a small codicil may appear next week.


Jackson Sisters - I Believe in Miracles

Jackson Sisters - Where Your Love Is Gone

Wood Brothers - One More Day

Wood Brothers - Snake Eyes (Live)

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. "I Believe In Miracles" has long been a stalwart on my party playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be a contrarian. But my vote is for The Wood Brothers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a boring world if we were all the same

      Delete
  3. I'm going with the Sisters this week, and not just to disagree with George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the boys for me this week clinched by that great opening of the Snake Eyes live track. By the way have I missed the final score in this series? Who won, Sisters or Brothers? Not that winning is important of course

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever voted in this series, but seeing the magnificent Jackson Sisters tune (I Believe In Miracles) featured this week, raised me from my slumbers.

    ReplyDelete