Search This Blog

Sunday 7 February 2021

Val's Vinyl

 


 This week on Val's Vinyl  we go from the  Conference League Soul of Maze to the Premiership with Gladys Knight and the Pips.Is the Conference League still a thing?
A temporary blip there from Val.

I came reasonably late to Gladys but there is no denying the quality of her voice.
A slight caveat and apology. This album is on Pickwick and the sound when I was burning it did not sound particularly good.
However it does sound slightly better on my main turntable and the MP3s. A new cartridge for my USB turntable has been duly ordered.
This may result in it being a keeper particularly given that these two songs don't feature on any of my three other Gladys albums
I originally accidentally typed the first song title as Ain't No Sin Since You've Been Gone  which would probably be a different song altogether.








7 comments:

  1. I can't access the second song. I don't know if that is because of my settings or yours. I'll try and find the song on a video-sharing site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it sorted.
      Looks like I forgot to click the share function

      Delete
  2. V. harsh re Frankie Beverly & the boys. My joy is now pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that John!
      It's all about opinions. Mine are no more valid than anyone elses

      Delete
  3. It's called the National League now. All part of the over-promoting that turned Division 3 into League 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers
      I clearly need to update my knowledge of the English football pyramid system

      Delete
    2. isn't it the old division 4 to division 1?

      Delete