Search This Blog

Saturday 20 February 2021

Saturday Night Finale

 



And now then end is near  and so I face the final curtain.

I've managed to stretch a post from nothing to a series lasting eight weeks. Time to bail out before we start scraping the barrel. It's final four time.

Let's start with a relatively new song. Caitlin Harnett & the Pony Boys are a gothic Americana band from Australia who came to my attention via George. The Guardian says of Caitlin her voice is like Mazzy Star's Hope Sandival was jerked out of a long sleep. A track from their recent album Late Night Essentials.

I don't think that the late great Marc Bolan's voice has ever been compared to Hope Sandival or anyone else for that matter. He was truly unique. Taken from the T-Rex album Messing With The Mystics (Unissued Songs 1972 -1977)

It's not four in the morning yet but Faron Young has got Five Dollars and it's Saturday Night. From the days when five dollars would guarantee a good night out.

We finish this series with a Glasgow band The Blue Nile that I am not a fan of. Requested by Brian  and who am I to deny the great man?

I'm off now to think of something for next Saturday

Caitlin Harnett & the Pony Boys - Saturday Night

T-Rex - Saturday Night

Faron Young - I've Got Five Dollars and it's Saturday Night

The Blue Nile - Saturday Night



4 comments:

  1. Glad that Brian's request made it.

    Have you heard the Gary Clark (lead singer of Danny Wilson) version of the Blue Nile's "Saturday Night"?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHf5uGr2mmM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brian on this one too. Congratulations on an excellent series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to put a bow on this wildly successful impromptu series. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always sad to see a series go, but I'm just sad in general these days. I cry when the kettle doesn't boil because I've forgotten to turn the switch on at the wall.

    Saturday Sad Songs?

    ReplyDelete