Search This Blog

Thursday 17 October 2019

Oceans Apart


A few weeks ago our good friend the Swede (that's NOT him pictured!) sent a missive out offering someone the opportunity to receive a copy of Oceans Apart by The Go -Betweens as he had two copies.
Imagine inadvertantly acquiring two copies of an album.It would never happen here.

Most folk responded to thank him for the offer but to say that being discerning individuals they already had it. I somewhat embarrassingly confessed to not having it. I was not that embarrassed though to happily take it off his hands.

Their 8th and final studio album from 1985 on LO-MAX records it now joins my only other Go-Betweens album the Bellavista Terrace compilation on the shelves. Clearly I have a fair bit of catching up to do.
Not an act that you tend to find in charity shops.
Much obliged Swede.

Now I'm off to read some Dostoevsky.


The Go-Betweens - Here Comes a City

The Go-Betweens - Born to a Family



3 comments:

  1. Pleased that it went to a good home CC. That photo of Fyodor does bear an uncanny likeness to me, now you come to mention it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what the Swede said. I feel better knowing that second copy is on your shelf. It was a good observation, wasn't it? Why do people who read Dostoevsky always look like Dostoevsky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention Dostoevsky....my lad's doing a Criminology course, I suggested he read Crime and Punishment - get an insight into the mental/moral anguish of crime etc (albeit from an 1860s Russian point of view). He said he would if I did! Seems there's gonna be a lot of Dostoevsky reading going on - something to do in the dark days of Brexit.

    ReplyDelete