Search This Blog

Friday 25 October 2019

Fight For Your Right To Party


A cheap and nasty Beastie Boys compilation was part of a three for a pound deal on my recent Missing Records foray.
Prior to that there was nothong on the shelves by  the New York hip hop combo although I am pretty sure I had stuff by them on cassette many moons ago.
Of it's time ? Probably
Juvenile? Almost certainly.
But just the thing for a Friday night


Let's hear it for Ad-Rock, MCA and Mike D

Aw, Mom, you're just jealous it's the Beastie Boys

Beastie Boys - No Sleep till Brooklyn

Beastie Boys -Fight For Your Right

2 comments:

  1. When I was a young teen I loved the video for Fight For Your Right. Now my 13 year old digs its too. So, yes, juvenile. Nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beastie Boys were one of those bands I missed out on. I knew of 'em obviously but looking back I can't exactly recall how/why it was I passed on them and yet embraced a dozen other bands emerging at the same time. I've had a long career of 'missing out' on bands. We all have - far too many bands/artists around at any one time for that not to happen. At various points we're getting drunk, working, falling in love, having families, burying parents etc. I often think (OK I sometimes think) that if I hosted a music blog I'd run a thread "Bands/Artists who passed me by". If I knew anybody who did I'd suggest it......

    ReplyDelete