Search This Blog

Sunday 27 January 2019

Karine and Kris

Kris
Karine












The first of two Celtic Connections outings tonight Karine Polwart and Kris Drever with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra at Glasgow's King's Theatre.
I think the only time I have ever been there before was for the pantomime - oh no, it wasn't ......

Two left field and contemporary Scottish folk artists who I have  seen in concert before but individually as opposed to collectively. It promises to be an interesting evening.
I'm just getting into Karine's recent Laws of Motion release. When I saw Kris he was promoting his 2016 album If Wishes Were Horses. I'm not sure if he has anything solo planned but he is part of the band Lau who have an album scheduled for February.

From Karine's song below  from Traces and I Burn But I Am Not Consumed from her current album and from what I know about Kris I suspect that Donald Trump may be in for a hard time tonight.No bad thing.

Karine Polwart - Cover Your Eyes

Kris Drever - Navigator

No comments:

Post a Comment