Search This Blog

Monday 7 January 2019

A Fox of the Swamp Variety


As I type this mid afternoon on Sunday, I am still somewhat hungover after a day out yesterday enjoying a hospitality package with my pals at the Dundee United v Partick Thistle game yesterday.
It was a great day out despite a pretty poor game of football which finished one apiece.

The way I am feeling necessitates some slow, gentle and mellow country or soul or even better a bit of both.
Time then to feature Testifying: The Country Soul Review that does just that.On Casual Records and recorded between 31st January and 11th February 2004 it includes great artists such as Dan Penn, Donnie Fritts. Larry Jon Wilson, George Soule and Bonnie Bramlett.

I've opted for the Swamp Fox himself Mr Tony Joe White the man who wrote Rainy Night in Georgia.
It gives me an opportunity to acknowledge  his passing  aged 75 on 24th October 2018 something I failed to do at the time.

The Country Soul Review (ft Tony Joe White) - Who You Gonna Hoo-Doo Now

The Country Soul Review (ft Tony Joe White) - Drifter

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to a fair bit of TJW over the past few weeks. He wrote some great tunes.

    ReplyDelete