Search This Blog

Friday 2 November 2018

From the Cradle Bars Comes a Beckoning Voice



I picked up the Best of Siouxsie and the Banshees from a charity shop in Blairgowrie. From 2002 it replaces my vinyl copy of the 1981 compilation Once Upon a Time: The Singles which has gone missing somewhere along the way.

This means that I am very familiar with about half of those on the Best Of and not really familiar with the rest. I'll be honest and say that none of the one's I am unfamiliar with automatically jump out.
The early singles are all terrific though.

I'm not really one to single out drummers but Budgie's contribution to Spellbound is absolutely top drawer.In fact I'll go as far as saying it is spellbinding!

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Spellbound

2 comments:

  1. Was never a fan of Siouxsie & the Banshees, but I really like "Hong Kong Garden" and loved her cover of the Jungle Book song "Trust in Me".

    ReplyDelete