Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2022

It came from Dundee - Prairie Wind

 



My pal Euan was recently up in Dundee helping his brother decorating. He came away with two fairly large boxes of CDs as his brother had decided to sell his soul to the Devil Spotify.

Being a generous soul he offered me a look to see if there were any that I would be interested in.It was a vertible mixed bag. Not being a greedy person I limited myself to about half a dozen. Who knows I may go back for second helpings.

One which caught my eye was Prairie Wind the 26th studio album by Neil Young from 2005 and as always on the Reprise label.
It was not one which had crossed my radar before which I found quite surprising as I have copies of its predecessor Greendale (2003) and its successor Living With War (2006)

It is the mellow Neil Young as opposed to the thrashy Neil Young so it meets with Mrs CC's approval.It is quite reflective as it was inspired with the illness and death of his father. Having said that it is not morbid or that melancholy and I found it a  very pleasant listen.

Definitely a keeper.. Another one next week.








5 comments:

  1. Given you took six of the best, you may not get a second invite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely From Dundee With Love would be a better title...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Euan bag the Rush, AC-DC and Genesis albums for himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't see anything by them but he had looked out Queens of the Stone Age

      Delete