Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2022

Allo Darlin' Covers

 


A few months ago the original Surfer of the Zeitgeist Ernie Goggins  sent me a copy of Europe the 2012 second album by indie pop favourites Allo Darlin'. Being the generous type he also threw in a copy of their Covers EP for good measure

Only 6 tracks but a wide variety of artists and genres covered such as The Go-Betweens, Eux Autres,The French and AC/DC. However I was particularly taken with the covers of the Boss and the Bruddas - not sure how they will go down with their loyal followers.

Ladies, I don't want to get you too excited but the bold Ernie has a NEW profile picture which can be accessed from the link above.

Allo Darlin' - Atlantic City

Allo Darlin' I Wanna Be Sedated

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, CC, but I should point that it isn't me in the photo. As your many red-tinged revolutionary readers will know, that is Carlos Fonseca, founder of the Sandinistas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tactics there Ernie to stop them beating down your door!

      Delete
  2. Talk of red-tinged revolutionaries reminds me of the time a customer in the Dept of Employment office I worked in was trying to describe to a colleague the person who'd interviewed him previously. "Don't know his name but he looked like Lech Walesa". It was like an arrow through my heart I can tell you. I'm still in therapy.

    ReplyDelete