Search This Blog

Thursday 5 August 2021

Car Boot Calamity

 


I've a Car Boot Calamity to report. No, nothing to do with Car Boot Sales .I would need to get up far to early to pick up any decent vinyl from there.

When we were away for a few days we visited a pop  up shop in Whithorn. Mrs CC came away with a painting by the proprietor and I came away with two albums in good condition for 3 quid a piece. So far so good.

When we were leaving I packed them stacked flat on top of the suitcases in the boot. However, on arriving home I was mortified to discover that City to City by Gerry Rafferty had a big chunk out of the cover as the picture above shows. Fortunately the vinyl had escaped  being damaged by literally milliemetres. It looks as though at one of the stops on the way home the car boot has been shut on it. Nobody so far has claimed responsibility.

Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line

Gerry Rafferty - Stealin' Time

4 comments:

  1. 'Car Boot Calamity' really ought to be a song by Half Man Half Biscuit. Glad your vinyl came away unscathed, though. These car boots really should carry a health warning (Mr SDS slammed ours down on his finger recently, his nail was not a pretty sight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Nobody so far has claimed responsibility'. I can feel the tension in the air from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may ssy that, I couldn't possible comment

      Delete
  3. Shocking news, but glad that the vinyl survived. I'm intrigued that you seem to have found the ultra limited edition "supernova groin" album sleeve... ;-)

    ReplyDelete