Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 June 2020

A Couple of Zoomers


Two songs today from albums I retreived from the shelves during Saturday's Zoom session with my pals. You have to take your inspiration where you can in these troubling times.

The first follows us discussing the death of Steve Priest earlier last week. There can only be one song. One I remember from my primary school discos and which still sounds fantastic to this day.
Are you ready Steve?

The other is from Swiss Family Orbison a short lived Dundee power pop band  with links to Deacon Blue and Danny Wilson. This one came about as we were discussing  friends you have known for the longest time and one of my pals advised that he has known one of the band members since he was four.

Tenious links granted but I refer you to the second sentence above

Sweet - The Ballroom Blitz

The Swiss Family Orbison - I'm in Love

No comments:

Post a Comment