Search This Blog

Friday 13 December 2019

Too Late to Pray


A prothetic title I suspect.

No Bloodshot Sampler for you this year.
This, I suspect, is because that given it is their 25th Anniversary they have released Too Late to Pray: Defiant Chicago Roots to celebrate this milestone. Available, as ever, on Bandcamp

This makes me feel rather old as surely it cannot be 20 years since I purchased Down to the Promised Land the compilation celebrating their 5th Anniversary.Surely.
How time flies when you are listening to insurgent Country music.

22 artists on this one - some of my old favourites but many new to me artists. Here's one of each.
Any opportunity to listen to Kelly Hogan aka The Voice is surely one that must be grabbed with both hands.
Big Sadie are one of the one's new to me. Here is a link to their web page which tells you all you need to know. I was a bit apprehensive when punching Big Sadie into a search engine.

Here's to the next quarter century.

Kelly Hogan - Gotta Have My Baby Back

Big Sadie - You Never Told Me

No comments:

Post a Comment