Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Bright Eyes Burning Like Fire


Come back! Come back! I was only joking ... honest.

I habe long been an admirer of the music of Conor Oberst  either as a solo artist or with his band Bright Eyes.
Up until recently however I did not physically own any of his stuff.That changed the other week when I visited my local charity shop and came away with I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning a 2005 album by Bright Eyes. For good measure the person who had handed it in had also stuck a burn of Digital Ash from a Digital Urn which was released on the same day. Not bad for 50p

I'm Wide Awake is the better of the two. In fact I would go as far as to say it is a belter as these tracks will hopefully demonstrate..
I need to acquire more!

Bright Eyes - First Day of my Life

Bright Eyes - Land Locked Blues

4 comments:

  1. Conor Oberst is all right... but I prefer Art.

    Bright Eyes makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blow hot and cold with Conor Oberst, 'First Day of My Life' is particularly good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What The Swede said. You got yourself a bargain there with that album.

    ReplyDelete