Search This Blog

Thursday 4 August 2016

Three For a Pound # 3


There is an argument that says that if I did not do this blog that I would not go out and sometimes buy semi random music.
I would counter this argument by stating that my life would be less complete.
An example being the purchase of Since I Left You by The Avalanches. It wasn't quite  what I suspected it to be at all and I was not that impressed on first listen. It has the potential however to become a grower.
The Avalanches are an Australian electropop band who dabble in plunderphonics which apparently means that they take one or more existing audio recordings and alter them in some way to make a new composition.
I was aware of Not So Manic Now by Dubstar but only relatively recently when it was featured at JC's place We'll let the great man do the talking. Mine is disc one
It's always good to feature The Proclaimers  and whilst King of the Road is probably not one of their better songs it is nevertheless entertaining to hear the Roger Miller classic being delivered in a broad Scottish accent

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

Dubstar - Not So Manic Now

The Proclaimers - King of the Road

4 comments:

  1. 1. The Avalanches? I think I prefer St Etienne......
    2. I can;t access Dubstar for some reason
    3. That Proclaimers track? I think I'd rather listen to The Avalanches........or have my scrotum poked with a pointy stick.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that could be arranged
      Will check out Dubstar when I get home
      Operator error I suspect

      Delete
    2. 4. Dubstar is the best of the three. By a country kilometre as we say here

      Delete
  2. Dubstar are also coming to a WYCRA 200 near you soon....TB....

    ReplyDelete