Search This Blog

Monday, 6 June 2016

Atomic Fireball



A bit of end of 20th Century Power Pop for you today courtesy of Idle Jets and their  1999 album Atomic Fireball.
Up until now I though they were called Idlejets (all one word) but it seems that I was wrong there.
They are the baby of Tennessee based session guitarist Pat Buchanan who has worked with a number of bands including Cameo, Cyndi Lauper and Hall & Oates. 
I saw him playing in some band at King Tuts - from his biography info on All Music it might well have been Jeff Finlin. I seem to remember him doing a veersion of Word Up much to the crowd's amusement
I can't for the life of me remember whether his band were the support act
Whatever he/they must have made some sort of impression on me as I came away with a signed copy of the albuim

Idle Jets - Penelope Wilde

Idle Jets - Atomic Fireball

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, sounds like so many bands I'm into. When this album came out I wasn't listening to much new music, and this one passed me by. I looked into Pat Buchanan a bit this morning. His list of previous credits gave very little indication he had an Atomic Fireball in him. This is so good.

    ReplyDelete