Search This Blog

Thursday 14 May 2020

Happy Hippy Chick Mix 7


I'm not sure if there is anyone still with me as the numbers have been dwindling week on week in this series. You will therefore be relieved to know that this is the last in the series even although we are still in lockdown
A bit of barrel scraping this week which goes to show how hard it is to find over twenty songs with the word happy (or joy) in the title

We start with Tift Merritt with Supposed to Make You Happy from her 2002 Bramble Rose album.
As this is Americana  this is of course a sad as opposed to a happy song.

I've absolutely no idea as to whether The Mekons are happy or not but it is a splendid racket.

The same applies to Sparklehorse although given the lyrics
The dogs on my trail wouldn't drag me back to jail
I woke up in a horse's stomach one foggy morning
His eyes were crazy and he smashed into the cemetery gates

I suspect that the late Mark Linkous was not a Happy Pig or indeed a happy bunny.

There is a reason why these were the last songs on the mix.

Now where did I put  that mix of Angel songs?


Tift Merritt - Supposed To Make You Happy

Mekons - I'm So Happy

Sparklehorse - Happy Pig

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure there are many more Happy songs out there. Just not, perhaps, songs that would make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your efforts are appreciated, CC. Still here, but sometimes I'm a day or two late. School is in session and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sparklehorse track made me happy anyway. Not really followed this particular series but if you played The Who's Happy Jack or XTC's Stupidly Happy I missed 'em.

    ReplyDelete